Respecting a deeply rooted tradition, Agile Mind Geometry provides students with a first introduction to formal mathematical reasoning, logic, and proof.
Agile Mind Geometry—developed by distinguished math educators—puts authoritative resources at teachers' fingertips, and extends their presence outside the classroom. With Agile Mind Geometry, students:
- Understand and apply the structure of—and relationships within—an axiomatic system
- Become facile with the tools central to the study of space and spatial relationships
- Use the classical methods of finding the area of two-dimensional shapes including quadrilaterals and circles
- Learn basic geometry of three-dimensional shapes including methods of finding simple volumes and surface areas
- Develop spatial reasoning ability—including the capacity to represent shapes and figures concretely, pictorially, algebraically, and through the use of coordinate systems
- Use geometric representations and symbols to solve problems and prove theorems
- Strengthen their knowledge of the connections between Algebra and Geometry
- Solve real-world problems using a variety of tools
Agile Mind course services are highly functional at 28.8 kbs dial-up Internet connection speed. For more information: System Requirements
Find out how course services are tailored for your specific needs as a: teacher, administrator, or student.